Tennis Membership Fees
We always welcome new members and want to make the process as simple and transparent as possible.
Our membership secretaries (Michael Dawson and Katie Walsh) are happy to have a chat with any potential new members before they apply.
If you are already a competent player, you can join straightaway or are welcome to come along to one or two club social sessions first to see if you like the club. Or perhaps you only want to play with your children or with friends who are already members? That’s fine too.
Of course, a certain level of ability is needed if you want to join in with club sessions. So:
• If in doubt, we’ll ask you to have a quick hit with Michael or Katie. We may then ask you to take part in our beginners’ sessions with our coach, James Mott, before joining the club.
• If there’s more than one person involved in the beginners’ sessions you can play together outside the coaching sessions for the first four weeks.
• When James decides you are ready to join, we will deduct some of the cost from your first year membership subscription – either half the cost of the coaching sessions or £50, whichever is the lower amount.
The membership year is from the 1st April, but you are welcome to join any time and will get a pro-rata amount to pay if you join part way through the year.
A full adult membership is currently £222 for the full year. If you are a new member you add £25 as a one off joining fee and to buy a share in the club. There is an early bird discount for new members who pay their renewal fee promptly. Children under 9 can join for free, and there are very generous discounts for older children, adults under 30 or over 60, students and the unemployed, as well as a family membership.
Any questions please ring Michael Dawson (07982 432147) or Katie Walsh (07958 951265) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or download the tennis membership form Tennis membership form 2020-21
These forms are also available as hard copies from the rack under the tennis noticeboard, inside the conservatory and to the right of the door into the main clubhouse building.
There are normally four easy ways to pay, but at the moment we would prefer for people to pay by bank transfer:
- Cash – please leave in an envelope with your Membership form behind the bar & text Michael or Katie to confirm you have paid
- CHEQUE – please make cheque payable to BOUNDS GREEN RECREATION CLUB LTD & as per point 1.
- Bank transfer – please transfer money to HSBC Sort code 40-05-21 Account number 41502107. Please put your SURNAME as the reference. Then leave your completed form at the Club as per point 1.
- At the till behind the bar with your card.